My favorite tart dough when I want something that blends well with both savory and sweet and holds the shape of a tart pan beautifully.
- Combine ice-cold flour and butter. 4 cups AP (King Arthur Flour exclusively for me) and 2 cups unsalted butter.
- Remember, ice cold. From the freezer cold. You may want to cut your butter into smaller pieces but this works fine for me.
- Whisk together the sweetened condensed and egg.
- Blend the butter and flour. It should look like rough cornmeal.
- While pulsing, add the egg/sweetened condensed mixture until it just looks dam. Don’t over blend.
- Dump the dough out onto a double dose of plastic wrap. There will be some dry patches. Don’t worry.
- Using the plastic wrap, fold the dough over itself to incorporate the dry flour. Refrigeration allows the flour to absorb more moisture, so resting will get the dough to the perfect consistency.
- Continue folding the dough over to incorporate the dry patches into the dough until you have a relatively well-formed round. Refrigerate!
If you have any doubts regarding this recipe feel free to contact me here.